Thursday 8 September 2011

Blowing Up The Spot....



KINGBEE RECORDS
519 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton, Manchester M21 0UF
tel: 0161 860 4762





A ridiculously large percentage of my collection has come from this shop over the years; well stocked racks of funk, soul, rock, jazz, rap, soundtracks etc, mean that this place rarely disappoints when it comes to swapping coloured pieces of paper for slabs of black wax.




Without doubt my favourite shop, Kingbee is what all second-hand record shops should be; helpful, reasonably priced, slightly rough around the edges, chock full of vinyl and well worth of a visit...

2 comments:

IRISH_CRAIG said...

Nice one Mr Slayer sir

Has this spot been around since the 80s? A girl I used to know from Manchester told me about some spot YEARS ago in South Manchester that was worth a look. Foolishly I never got any further than Afflecks Palace.

Lovin the crates underneath the racks, always my favourite spot...I love a good lurker

Leo Slayer said...

I've been shopping there around 12 years now, not sure when it first opened but if we're talking good spots in South Manc, this is it.
The boxes under the racks have been known to bear some suprisingly cheap, rare records...